- The act of accomplishing; entire performance; completion; fulfillment; as, the accomplishment of an enterprise, of a prophecy, etc.
- That which completes, perfects, or equips thoroughly; acquirement; attainment; that which constitutes excellence of mind, or elegance of manners, acquired by education or training.
- Something accomplished; an achievement.
- (obsolete) Something which happens as a consequence; the outcome or result. [16th-18th c.]
- The achievement of one's aim or goal. [from 16th c.]His third attempt to pass the entrance exam was a success.
- (business) financial profitability.Don't let success go to your head.
- One who, or that which, achieves assumed goals.Scholastically, he was a success.The new range of toys has been a resounding success.
- The fact of getting or achieving wealth, respect, or fame.She is country music's most recent success.